Many people exercise heavily before travel (ie to get that beach body), and then whilst travelling let it slip! I would say I’m guilty of this myself. Luckily though if you do want to stay fit while you travel there are plenty of ways you can do so. In this post I will provide you my tips which should hopefully give you ideas on how to stay in shape during your trip.
Of course if you have any other suggestions or thoughts please leave your comments below!
Run on the Beach
Take a Workout DVD
Watch Workout Videos on Youtube
Download Fitness Apps
- MapMyRun which allows you to plan and see how far you are running or walking using an interactive map
- Pocket Yoga has lots of yoga poses, classes and more. It also works without a connection so perfect for travel
- Fit Star provides you with various workouts
- Runtastic Sixpack gives you workout plans, videos and more
- Skimble Workout Trainer has huge amounts of workout options in various categories
- Nike Plus Training App is an app with workouts designed by athletes
Want to find out more about fitness workout apps, head to www.tomsguide.com…best-workout-apps. Do you already know of any awesome apps that people should download? Please leave a comment.
Stay in a Hotel with a Pool
Take Small Workout Equipment
Perform Body Weight Exercises
50 Bodyweight Exercises for Women or 10 Best Bodyweight Exercises for Men
Participate in Fitness Classes such as Yoga etc
Go on an Active Holiday
One of the easiest ways to stay fit whilst travelling is to just go on an active holiday.
Active holidays such things as:
- Skiing/ snowboarding holiday – A week or even a weekend skiing and snowboarding will burn off tons of calories and a great way to stay fit whilst also having fun.
- Hiking and mountain climbing – Another great way to stay fit and enjoy the fresh air and views whilst doing so.
- Scuba diving – Swimming below the surface with the fish is a great way to stay fit and maybe also to de-stress as the underwater scene can be quite peaceful.
- Surfing – Surfing is also a great way to stay fit although quite tricky if you haven’t done it before.
There are plenty of other active holidays available. Can you think of any others? Please let me know below!