What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog/website?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you subscribe to a newsletter, fill out a form, add comments to our posts, or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up with them after correspondence (email inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We do not use Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- This website uses Google Analytics cookies to gather this information to track the performance of the site. This is used for statistical purposes and is based on aggregate data. Where used, these Analytics cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. This information will not identify you personally.
- Keep track of advertisements.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
How to disable cookies and tracking
You are welcome to use this website and disable cookies. The best way to disable tracking and cookies is by using your browser. Here are instructions on what to do for some of the main browsers:
- Chrome – Go to support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=1 and follow the instructions for either desktop or your mobile device.
- Firefox – Head to support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari – Visit support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explore – Go to support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- DuckDuckGo – The most private browser and one that doesn’t collect or share cookies. Visit duckduckgo.com/privacy for more information
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
- Users may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
• Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
Last updated: August 2017
The content of www.travelanddestinations.com is managed by Mike Clegg. Much of the content will be provided by Mike Clegg, although other writers may be assigned posts in which they will be mentioned as the author.
We will aim to provide accurate, complete and personal opinions for all destinations, hotels, products, experiences and anything else we post about. We make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Please always check official websites where applicable. If you notice a mistake please let us know.
We have advertising on this website, such as Google Adsense, banners and affiliate links. This income is important and allows us to operate this website. The income generated is used to:
- Pay for new content/writers
- Pay for hosting and other related costs
- To invest in new updates, such as software updates and upgrades
We also participate in press, travel and other trips to allow the creation of content. Where we are provided free or complimentary goods or services this will be mentioned in the relevant post.
Travel and Destinations is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
How to disable Google Personalised Ads
If you would prefer to not see personalised ads on this website and are logged into Google/using Chrome then go to support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB for more information and for instructions on how you can adjust your settings. Alternatively, you may want to use a browser extension such as from DuckDuckGo, or use their app on your smartphones and tablets.
Images used on www.travelanddestinations.com are mostly created and owned by Mike Clegg Photography. All images created and owned by Mike Clegg Photography have a watermark in the right hand corner such as seen below. You’re welcome to use any images on your site that contain the watermark seen below, but with credit as followed (© Mike Clegg Photography / www.travelanddestinations.com) with a link back to the page the image was taken from. Images should not be edited, cropped or changed in any way. If you want un-watermarked high resolution images, then some can be licensed. Please get in contact if you wish to license any.
Some images on the site have been used with a Creative Commons (CC) or Public Domain license. Any CC images have been credited and linked to if required.