What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog/website?
We try and collect as little information about you as possible so as to make your visit to our website more private. If you subscribe to our newsletter you would have to enter your email address so as to receive the emails, and if you complete a contact form you’d have to provide your name and email so that we can reply. We also collect aggregate statistical information so as to understand how people are using our site but this is done with IP anonymization.
When do we collect information?
- We collect your name and email if you complete a form to contact us.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter we will collect your email.
- As you browse our site we will collect your IP but with IP anonymization so that we can’t identify your exact location.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
• To follow up with them after correspondence (email inquiries)
How do we protect your information?
- We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
- We only provide articles and information. We never ask for credit card numbers.
- We do not use Malware Scanning.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
- We implement a variety of security measures when a user enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
- Cookie Law Consent – These cookies will be set to track your preferences on necessary and non-essential cookies. They are set on on the popup that you will see when you first visit our site. They include cookies with the name “CookieLawInfoConsent”, “cookielawinfo-checkbox-non-necessary”, “cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary”, “viewed_cookie_policy”.
- Google Analytics – This website uses Google Analytics cookies to gather this information to track the performance of the site. This is used for statistical purposes and is based on aggregate data. Where used, these Analytics cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. We use IP anonymization on Google Analytics so as to remove the last part of your IP address. This information will not identify you personally. Read more about Google Analytics cookies.
- Google Adsense – For advertisements on our site cookies are set personalisation (if agreed upon in our cookie consent), as well as for frequency capping, aggregated ad reporting, and to combat fraud and abuse. Read more about Google Adsense cookies. You can read more about Google Adsense further below.
- Woocommerce – This involves our store where you can purchase various items, such as images. Read more about Woocommerce cookies.
- Cloudflare – To serve static content on our site in the quickest way possible, as well as to provide additional security for our website we use Cloudflare. For this purpose cookies are set. Read more about Cloudflare cookies.
- Jetpack – Our site used Jetpack which provides further analytics and insights into our site, as well as additional features for performance and user experience.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings. Since browser is a little different, look at your browser’s Help Menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
How to disable cookies and tracking
You are welcome to use this website and disable cookies. The best way to disable tracking and cookies is by using your browser. Here are instructions on what to do for some of the main browsers:
- Chrome – Go to support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=1 and follow the instructions for either desktop or your mobile device.
- Firefox – Head to support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Safari – Visit support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
- Internet Explore – Go to support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- DuckDuckGo – The most private browser and one that doesn’t collect or share cookies. Visit duckduckgo.com/privacy for more information
- Brave – A great browser for browsing without cookies being set.
If users disable cookies in their browser:
If you turn cookies off, some of the features that make your site experience more efficient may not function properly.
We do not knowingly sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third-party products or services on our website. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. Read more: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en.
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
- Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to your users based on their visit to your sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
You can see further above at the start of this page what information we collect and as mentioned we try and collect as minimal information as possible. This includes using IP anonymization and only collecting your name and email should you willingly complete a form that requires it.
As well as this in the Google Adsense settings we have turned on a setting that restricts data processing.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify you via email
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle which requires that individuals have the right to legally pursue enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
If you have subscribed to our email list then at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can easily do this by using the unsubscribe and manage preferences options at the bottom of the emails.
We will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
The content of www.travelanddestinations.com is managed by Mike Clegg. Much of the content will be provided by Mike Clegg, although other writers may be assigned posts in which they will be mentioned as the author. We do not give permission for other website to copy and republish our content and will issue DMCA notices as applicable.
We will aim to provide accurate, complete and personal opinions for all destinations, hotels, products, experiences and anything else we post about. We make no representations as to accuracy, completeness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Please always check official websites where applicable. If you notice a mistake please let us know.
We have advertising on this website, such as Google Adsense, banners and affiliate links. This income is important and allows us to operate this website. The income generated is used to:
- Pay for new content/writers
- Pay for hosting and other related costs
- To invest in new updates, such as software updates and upgrades
We also participate in press, travel and other trips to allow the creation of content. This means we may be provided with free or complimentary goods or services which will be mentioned as a disclaimer in the relevant article.
Travel and Destinations is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Read more about ads and affiliate links on our site.
How to disable Google Personalised Ads
If you would prefer to not see personalised ads on this website and are logged into Google/using Chrome then go to support.google.com/ads/answer/2662922?hl=en-GB for more information and for instructions on how you can adjust your settings. Alternatively, you may want to use a browser extension such as from DuckDuckGo, or use their app on your smartphones and tablets.
Images used on www.travelanddestinations.com are from a mix of sources. These include:
- Created and owned by photographer Mike Clegg.
- Licensed through stock image agencies including Dreamstime, Adobe Stock and Canva photos.
- Used under a creative commons license from sites such as Pixabay, Unsplash, Pexels and Flickr.
We believe that we have used all images under an appropriate license but should you know of any issue, then please get in touch and we will remove the required image if necessary.