The aim of this website is to provide useful content to travellers around the world. To do this we welcome contributions/guest posts.
We are only working with those looking to build up their writing portfolio, and editorial type sites. We do not take articles from writers trying to get “follow” links to brands or services, and no agencies or freelancers trying to do the same. We do not offer follow links whatsoever. Please read our link policy which you’ll find using the menu below.
If you don’t make it clear that you are building your writing portfolio when contacting your email will be deleted. We’ve have a lot of agencies not being transparent hence why we have to do this. Thanks for understanding. 🙂
Please get in touch using the form further below.
- Solid knowledge of subject matter, ie travel advice, specific destination, photography etc.
- Good English writing skills with accurate grammar and spelling.
- Evidence of your writing skills, ie an article or something similar. If you don’t send an example we won’t be able to consider you.
- Blog posts must be 800+ words (our post average is 1214 words). This is for quality and ranking.
- All content should be unique and not copied from another blog post or shared on other blogs or websites. Duplicate content isn’t good for SEO so the article would not get found or high rankings. We will check this.
- Content should be written in a more active and/or third-person voice. So no “I”, “my” etc.
- Any links to external websites/sources should be relevant and natural.
- Links should only be to travel related sites and services. No gambling sites etc.
- Don’t try and hide links to a business you’re working for. We will spot these and will reject the article. Examples include visa services, copywriting services, sales pages etc. Saying you’re building your portfolio then including links to a service is clearly link building. Please lets not waste each others time! 🙂
- All links will be “nofollow” by default and are subject to approval. If the link isn’t relevant enough or we don’t think is good quality enough to the article it will be removed. Please note that we are very strict with links to external sites and will often remove them if there is any doubt.
- To re-iterate, business, product and service websites will be “nofollow” by default unless we would recommend the brand or website ourselves, so please don’t contact trying to get these.
- We do take select sponsored posts if the content would be useful to those interested in travel (ie our readers). But links in sponsored posts will have rel=”sponsored” with the link as per Google guidelines. We will also add a line at the start of the article letting our readers know the article is sponsored for transparency and trust.
- Images will be added and sourced by us. So no need to send them.
Once we have received the article we may:
- Add additional internal links.
- Make slight tweaks and changes to the text to match the website style and for readability. This won’t change what you are saying and is very minor.
- Potentially re-order the headings and content slightly based on the pictures. Ie we don’t like two-night pictures or two similar shots below each other.
- Often create a Pinterest sharing image which is a picture with overlaid text.
Please note that in order to run this site we do have advertisements, such as Adsense, GetYourGuide, Amazon and Booking.com. The only way we can build this website and make it into a strong resource for travellers is by having ads and we use this income to invest in the infrastructure of the site. Thank you for your understanding.
Here is some of the content that we’re looking for:
- “Best places to visit” or “Best Things to See and Do”, including the lesser-known (Places to visit example) and (Things to do Example)
- Things to know when visiting [country/city] (example)
- Multi-destination trips (example)
- City Break Guides based on a set format (example)
- Best places to eat and drink (example)
- Best places to stay (example)
- Travel Tips
- Tips and advice to help people with their travel (example)
- Flights tips/advice
- Accommodation booking advice
- Tutorials (example)
- Advice and tips
- Anything else Travel, destination and photography related. Please email with your ideas.
Places we need include:
Please visit our main destination page to see what content we already have and let us know if you can fill in any gaps.
What do you get in return…
- Experience – Experience writing for a high-quality travel website. Any contributions you can then share with potential employers.
- You’d be helping travellers – You’d be sharing your knowledge with travellers around the world. This website gets over 130,000 page views and traffic from over 140 countries.
- Author box – A box at the end mentioning you as the author and a bit about you, as well as a link to your website. This is “nofollow” to comply with Google policies and to prevent potential penalisation. Below is a screenshot of a profile box.
- Profile page – If you submit three or more articles you’ll get a profile bio page. This should help you with your writing portfolio.
- Social media promotion – The link may be shared through social media accounts such as Instagram Stories (@travelanddestinations), Facebook, Pinterest and Mix. The content will not be shared to all accounts, just some that are appropriate!
Sound good? Get in touch
If this sounds good please send an email using the form below – Please mention your speciality, such as any subjects you’d be able to write about. Please also send an example of your writing, such as a link to a previous article.
Note: Due to the number of requests we will only reply to contributors that are suitable, suggest a topic we need and meet the requirements above. If you are clearly link building for a business or client you’ll be ignored.