The aim of this website is to provide useful content to travellers around the world. To do this we welcome contributions/guest posts.
We are only working with those looking to build up their writing portfolio, and editorial type sites. We don’t take articles from writers trying to get links to websites selling products and services, and no agencies or freelancers trying to do the same. Please read our link policy which you’ll find using the menu below.
Please get in touch using the form further below. You can find an excellent example of a previous guest post here which reflects what we’re looking for.
- Solid knowledge of subject matter, ie travel advice, specific destination, photography etc.
- Good English writing skills with accurate grammar and spelling.
- Evidence of your writing skills, ie an article or something similar. If you don’t send an example we won’t be able to consider you.
- Blog posts must be 800+ words (our post average is 1214 words). This is for quality and ranking.
- All content should be unique and not copied from another blog post or shared on other blogs or websites. Duplicate content isn’t good for SEO so the article would not get found or high rankings. We will check this.
- Content should be written in a more active and/or third person voice. So no “I”, “my”, “we” etc.
- There should be at least 3 links to different external sources that are relevant and all links should be natural.
- Links should only be to travel related sites and services. No gambling sites etc.
- All links will be “nofollow” by default and are subject to approval. If the link isn’t relevant enough to the article it will be removed.
- Don’t try and hide links in the article to businesses you’re working for. We spot these and may reject the article.
- To re-iterate, business, product and service websites will be “nofollow” by default unless we recommend the brand or website ourselves, so please don’t contact trying to get these.
- Each article should have at least 3 high-quality images. These should be sourced via the sites mentioned below unless you are an amateur photographer.
- Please feel free to submit images with the article, but note that they may not all be used, and I may use images from Pixabay or my library.
- If you do wish to submit images they should have a resolution of 800-1200 pixels on the longest edge.
- You should be the owner of (ie have the rights to use). Ie please don’t download images from Google Images.
- If you don’t have any pictures please have a look for creative commons images such as on unsplash.com, pixabay.com, or pexels.com or leave and I can do that.
Once I have received the article I may:
- Add additional internal links.
- Make slight tweaks and changes to the text to match the website style and for readability. This won’t change what you are saying is very minor.
- Potentially re-order the headings and content slightly based on the pictures. Ie I don’t like two-night pictures or two similar shots below each other.
- Add or change images slightly if necessary.
- Often create a Pinterest sharing image which is a picture with overlaid text.
Please note that in order to run this site we do have Ads, such as Adsense, Amazon and Booking.com. The only way I can build this website and make it into a strong resource for travellers is by having Ads and I use this income to invest in the infrastructure of the site. Thank you for your understanding.
Here is some of the content that we’re looking for:
- Destinations (see particular places we need below)
- Travel Tips
- Tips and advice to help people with their travel (example).
- Flights advice
- Accommodation booking advice.
- Tutorials (example).
- Advice and tips.
- Social Media
- Tips and advice on using social media (example).
- Anything else Travel, Destination and Photography related. Please email me your ideas.
Places we need include:
…but open to other places.
What do you get in return…
- Experience – Experience writing for a high-quality travel website. Any contributions you can then share with potential employers.
- You’d be helping travellers – You’d be sharing your knowledge with travellers around the world. This website currently gets traffic from over 140 countries.
- Backlink – A line of text at the end mentioning you as the author and who you work for, as well as a link to your website. This is “nofollow” to comply with Google policies and to prevent potential penalisation.
- Profile page – If you submit three or more articles you’ll get a profile bio page. This should help you with your writing portfolio.
- Social media promotion – The link will be shared through some social media accounts such as Instagram Stories (@bestcitybreaks, @travelanddestinations), Twitter (@TravelAndDest), Facebook, Pinterest, Mix and Flipboard. The content will not be shared to all accounts, just some that are appropriate!
Sound good? Get in touch
If this sounds good please send an email to contributors[at]travelanddestinations[dot]com or use the form below – Please mention your speciality such as any subjects you’d be able to write about. Please also send an example of your writing, such as a link to a previous article.
Note: Due to the number of requests we will only reply to contributors that are suitable, suggest a topic we need and meet the requirements above.