Would you like to be a guest writer and contribute an article to help provide useful information to fellow travellers? If so please get in touch using the email below. You can find an excellent example of a previous guest post here which reflects what I’m looking for.
The requirements below are based on contributions from travel bloggers/writers.
- Solid knowledge of subject matter, ie travel advice, specific destination, photography etc.
- Good English writing skills with accurate grammar and spelling.
- Evidence of your writing skills, ie an article or something similar. If you don’t send an example we won’t be able to consider you.
- Blog posts must be 800+ words (our post average is 1214 words). This is for quality and ranking.
- All content should be unique and not copied from another blog post or shared on other blogs or websites. Duplicate content isn’t good for SEO so the article would not get found or high rankings. We will check this.
- There should be at least 5 links to different external sources that are relevant.
- Links should only be to travel related sites and services. No gambling sites etc.
- Each article should have at least 3 high-quality images.
- Please feel free to submit images with the article, but note that they may not all be used, and I may use images from Pixabay or my library.
- If you do wish to submit images they should have a resolution of 800-1200 pixels on the longest edge.
- You should be the owner of (ie have the rights to use). Ie please don’t download images from Google Images.
- If you don’t have any pictures please have a look for creative commons images such as on pexels.com, pixabay.com, or leave and I can do that.
Once I have received the article I may:
- Add additional internal links.
- Make slight tweaks and changes to the text to match the website style and for readability. This won’t change what you are saying is very minor.
- Potentially re-order the headings and content slightly based on the pictures. Ie I don’t like two-night pictures or two similar shots below each other.
- Add or change images slightly if necessary.
- Often create a Pinterest sharing image which is a picture with overlaid text.
Please note that in order to run this site we do have Ads, such as Adsense, Amazon and Booking.com. The only way I can build this website and make it into a strong resource for travellers is by having Ads and I use this income to invest in the infrastructure of the site. Thank you for your understanding.
Here is some of the content that we’re looking for:
- Destinations (see particular places we need below)
- Travel Tips
- Tips and advice to help people with their travel (example).
- Flights advice
- Accommodation booking advice.
- Tutorials (example).
- Advice and tips.
- Social Media
- Tips and advice on using social media (example).
- Anything else Travel, Destination and Photography related. Please email me your ideas.
Places we need include:
…but open to other places.
What do you get in return…
- Experience – Experience writing for a high-quality travel website. Any contributions you can then share with potential employers.
- You’d be helping travellers – You’d be sharing your knowledge with the travellers around the world. This website currently gets traffic from over 140 countries.
- Backlink – A link within the content of the guest post (where relevant) to your site. As well as this, there would be a line of text at the end mentioning you as the author. Unnatural/brand links will be “nofollow” to comply with Google policies and to prevent potential penalisation.
- Profile page – If you submit three or more articles you’ll get a profile bio page. This should help you with your career portfolio.
- Social media promotion – The link will be shared through some social media accounts such as Instagram Stories (@bestcitybreaks, @travelanddestinations), Twitter (@TravelAndDest), Facebook, Pinterest, Mix and Flipboard. The content will not be shared to all accounts, just some that are appropriate! You’re social account will also be tagged if the post is shared on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter (if you provide your handles).
- Please note this is currently unpaid.
Sound good? Get in touch
If this sounds good please send an email to contributors[at]travelanddestinations[dot]com or use the form below – Please mention your speciality such as any subjects you’d be able to write about. Please also send an example of your writing, such as a link to a previous article.
Note: Due to the number of requests we will only reply to contributors that are suitable, suggest a topic we need and meet the requirements above.