Find incredible tours, activities and tickets for your trip to Amsterdam using our tool below. Many of these experiences you definitely don’t want to miss when visiting the city and would be perfect for adding to your travel itinerary. Further down you can also find our selection of must-do activities for your visit to Amsterdam, as well as some tips that will help you to ensure that you don’t miss out on anything.
Famous for its unique canals, bridges and quirky architecture, along with a huge variety of attractions and day trips, the city is a destination that doesn’t disappoint. To discover and enjoy the city you’ll find guided walking tours, cruises along the canals, bike tours, and more. As well as this there are more than 50 museums offering different exhibitions, shows and pub crawls, and lots more to keep visitors entertained. There is also an I Amsterdam City Card that provides free entrance to many of the attractions as well as cruises and free transport.
Below you will find some of the top activities in Amsterdam that you may want to consider for your trip.
Note that activities may take a moment to load…
What are the best activities in Amsterdam that you shouldn’t miss?
Here are some tours, activities and experiences in Amsterdam that we’d highly recommend checking out for your trip:
- Amsterdam Canal Tour – There are quite a lot of canal tours in Amsterdam, including for the day, the evening, as well as some that offer food and drink too.
- Guided Bike Tour of Central Amsterdam – People in Amsterdam love to cycle, so exploring the city on a bike tour will be the perfect way to see the city like a local.
- Heineken Experience Ticket – A self-guided tour where you’ll learn more about the company, the brewing process and get to enjoy two drinks as well.
- Amsterdam Red Light District Tour – Explore Amsterdam’s Red Light District and learn more this famous part of the city.
- Rijksmuseum Entrance Ticket – Visit one of the city’s most famous museums where you’ll find over 8,000 objects across 80 galleries.
- Anne Franke and World War II Walking Tour – Learn about Anne Franke and her life on this tour, and see various historical spots around the city.
There are plenty more activities in Amsterdam. Use our widget/tool above to see more.
What are some of the best day trips from Amsterdam?
You’ll find plenty of enjoyable day trips to take from Amsterdam. These will show you some of the other highlights and sites around the country, including other unique cities, as well as the iconic windmills in the more rural parts of the country. A few day trips that you might want to consider during your visit to Amsterdam include:
- Volendam, Edam & Zaanse Schans Day Trip – A 6.5-hour tour where you’ll see the famous windmills of Zaanse Schans and old traditional wooden houses of Volendam. Also includes a windmill tour, cheese samples and lots more making this a top day out.
- Giethoorn Day Tour – A 9-hour tour taking you to one of the prettiest places in the Netherlands. At Giethoorn you’ll see pretty farmhouses and picturesque wooden bridges and can enjoy a boat tour.
- Rotterdam, Delft & The Hague Day Tour -A 10-hour tour showing you some of the other cities in Amsterdam.
You may also want to read: 10 Cool Cities in the Netherlands (Besides Amsterdam)
How can you save money on attractions in Amsterdam?
One way that you can see many of Amsterdams attractions is to get an I Amsterdam City Card. This includes entrance to around 50+ museums and other attractions including the Rijksmuseum, Rembrandt House Museum, and Science Center NEMO. It also offers discounted entry for the Heineken Experience, and Madame Tussauds Amsterdam, a free canal cruise, free use of public transport and lots more. It’s a great way to see a huge amount in the city whilst saving.
However, it is worth noting that you should look at what’s included before purchasing and how much it would cost to book everything individually. This is to ensure you will save vs buying everything separately.
Top websites to find tours, activities, tickets and experiences for Amsterdam?
You can start your search for Amsterdam activities using our useful tour search tool above. You can also find other options via the websites below:
Learn more and get inspired for Amsterdam
Here are some of our articles that you may like for Amsterdam: