Find incredible tours, activities and tickets for your trip to Venice using our tool below. Many of these experiences you definitely don’t want to miss when visiting the city and would be perfect for adding to your travel itinerary. Further down you can also find our selection of must-do activities for your visit to Venice, as well as some tips that will help you to ensure that you don’t miss out on anything.
Venice is one of the most unique destinations in the world, comprising of hundreds of bridges and canals weaving their way through pretty streets and architecture. It’s very easy to get lost in the city, which actually adds fun to the destination, but there are plenty of ways to also avoid this if you wish. You can get walking tours, as well as Gondola and boat tours, where guides will take you around and show you lots of the best sites.
Some of the key things to see in Venice includes Saint Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace at St Mark’s Square. As well as Rialto Bridge which crosses the Grand Canal and is located towards the center of the city. Another top activity that we’d highly recommend is going to the nearby islands of Burano and Murano which are very pretty and unique, and are also great for photographs.
Keep scrolling for some of the best activities and tours that you may like when visiting Venice.
Note that activities may take a moment to load…
What are the best activities in Venice that you shouldn’t miss?
Here are some tours, activities and experiences in Venice that we’d highly recommend checking out for your trip:
- Doge Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica Skip The Line Tour – Visit and explore some of the most famous attractions in Venice. The skip-the-line option is a good way to ensure that you don’t get stuck in queues.
- Venice Walking Tour – A walking tour is a great way to discover and learn about the city. This tour comes in one, two and three-hour durations and will take you around some of the key attractions that you definitely don’t want to miss. You’ll also find some free walking tours a little bit further down.
- Private Gondola Ride – Take a ride on one of these iconic boats around the canals. These boat rides are one of the most popular things to do in Venice.
- Trip to Murano and Burano – These are two of our favourite places in this part of Italy and around Venice. In Murano you’ll find wonderful glass art, and in Burano the most colourful buildings you may have ever seen.
- Street Food Tour with a Local – Enjoy some tasty Italian and Venetian food whilst being shown around the city by a local guide.
- Guided Kayak Tour – An active but also relaxing way to discover Venice.
There are plenty more activities in Venice. Use our widget/tool above to see more.
Where can you find free walking tours for Venice?
You can find some free walking tours for Venice on Civitatis. Below are some that you may like to consider. On Civitatis you can also find other tours and experiences that you may like for your trip.
- Venice Free Tour – A 2-hour tour taking you around the streets of Venice. On the tour you’ll get to learn about the city and see places such as St Mark’s Square, Doge’s Palaces and Teatro de La Fenice.
- Venice Legends & Mysteries Free Tour – Discover some of the mysteries and secrets of Venice in this 2-hour tour. Including Cannaregio – the oldest neighbourhood in the city.
- Carnivals and Secrets: Venice Free Tour – A 2-2.5 hour tour helping you to see some of the hidden gems in the city, as well as hear stories that only locals normally know.
Note that many free tours are based on tips, so although free, it’s polite to give a little something afterwards.
Top websites to find tours, activities, tickets and experiences for Venice?
You can start your search for Venice activities using our useful tour search tool above. You can also find other options via the websites below:
Learn more and get inspired for Venice
Here are some of our articles that you may like for Venice: