Whether you’re interested in visiting iconic landmarks like the Brandenburg Gate or Neuschwanstein Castle, exploring world-class museums and galleries, skiing down the slopes of the Zugspitze, taking hikes through the Black Forest, or simply indulging in the country’s famous cuisine and beer, Germany is sure to give you fantastic experiences.
Read some of our travel articles on Germany mentioned below for tips and inspiration. You can find yourself a top hotel using our accommodation map, and also discover some fun and exciting activities that you may like on your trip. So get ready to discover the fascinating culture, history and natural beauty of Germany.
Articles, tips and inspiration on Germany
Here are some articles about or that include Germany:
Popular and famous places to visit in Germany
Not sure where to go? Here are some of the most popular and famous places to visit in Germany:
- Berlin, Germany’s exciting capital.
- Munich, a city especially popular for Oktoberfest.
- Neuschwanstein Castle, one of the most famous castles in the world.
- Hamburg for the cool architecture and historic center.
- Saxon Switzerland National Park for its impressive rock formations and hiking opportunities.
For lots more inspiration and ideas on where to go in Germany read:
Germany hotel map and accommodation
Find your perfect Germany accommodation using this interactive map. You can search for both hotels and apartments. Use the filters to adjust your search.
Note: Please wait a moment for the map to load as well as the suggestions of places to stay. Sometimes you may also have to just move the map slightly or zoom into your desired location to see additional properties which are available.
Click the button below to find more accommodation options:
Top tours and activities in Germany
Here are some of the best activities that you may like for Germany. These are provided through our partners. You can also use the blue-button a little below where you can be more specific with your search, including adding your dates, filtering by type of tour and many more options.
Germany guided and specialist tours
For longer and more specialist tours and complete with multi-day itineraries, then consider checking out G Adventures which are highly regarded. With G Adventures you can find small group tours with local guides and the company is based around having a good impact on local communities.
Below are services for finding transport. You can start searching for flights through a site such as Skyscanner.
Here are some other services that can help you get around, such as by using trains, buses and cars.
- Omio - Perfect for helping you search across providers for trains and buses
- Trainline - Another provider that'll help you to search across providers for trains
- Interrail (European residents) or Eurail (non-European residents) - For a rail card to use across Europe
- Flixbus - For bus travel across Europe
- RentalCars - For car hire
5 top reasons to book a trip to Germany
Why should you book a trip and visit Germany? Here are some top reasons:
- For the incredible castles including Neuschwanstein Castle and Eltz Castle.
- To learn of the countries history at cities such as Berlin.
- For exploring the national parks such as Black Forest National Park and Saxon Switzerland National. Park.
- To wander the pretty cities and towns such as Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Bremen and Dresden.
- To experience festivals such as Oktoberfest.
Click the links below to go to specific pages for places within this country.
Want to find somewhere else? You can use the button below to find a different country.