Book your trip to the beautiful city of Vienna, Austria’s capital, and enjoy the grandeur of the city. Explore the imperial Schönbrunn Palace, see views from the Stephansdom, or head out of the city to the vineyards of Kahlenberg where you can hike, enjoy local wine and enjoy views of the skyline.
Vienna is full of highlights, both cultural and historical and a visit to the city will be sure to impress. Take your loved ones, or even visit alone and discover the variety of attractions on offer. From the outdoor swimming pools which are perfect in the summer, musical shows at the Wiener Staatsoper and many other theatres, as well as traditional coffee shops, and even a theme park – perfect for the kids.
Here are some booking options for Vienna. Including hotels, tours and transport. You’ll also find our suggestions for the best areas in Vienna to stay during your trip.
This page is designed to start off your booking journey when planning your travels and provides suggestions of places to stay and tours to book and sometimes transport providers too. These are provided through our recommended partners.
Top accommodation in Vienna
Find your perfect Vienna accommodation below.
Use this interactive map to search for both hotels and apartments. Use the filters to adjust your search such as dates, number of guests, cost and more.
Note: Please wait a moment for the map to load as well as the suggestions of places to stay. Sometimes you may also have to just move the map slightly or zoom into your desired location to see additional properties which are available.
You can find more accommodation options via the below services:
Best areas in Vienna to book accommodation
When visiting Vienna it’s best to stay as close to the 1st district as possible. This area includes the Innere Stadt and is where many of Vienna’s top sights are such as Stephansdom, the Graben, Rathaus, Volksgarten and many of highlights of the city.
Vienna is also a very walkable city so if you’re fairly close to this area then you should be able to walk around and see many of the attractions.
Another area that we like is the 7th district which is just west of the 1st (they circle around the center), and from here you will be within walking distance of Mariahilferstrasse which is a great place to go shopping, as well as a short transit distance to the Schönbrunn Palace (west), or the center of the city (which is east).
Top tours and activities for Vienna
Here are some of the best tours and activities that you may like for Vienna. These are provided through our partner GetYourGuide. You can also use the blue-button a little below where you can be more specific with your search, including adding your dates, filtering by type of tour and many more options.
For transfers between your accommodation and the airport then have a look on HolidayTaxis for options.
Below are services for finding transport. Head over to their site to start your search.
Our articles on Vienna
Here are some recent articles about or that include Vienna:
5 top reasons to book a trip to Vienna
Why should you book a trip and visit Vienna? Here are some top reasons:
- To wander the beautiful cobbled streets of the Innere Stadt (inner city)
- For an experience at a traditional heuriger (wine tavern)
- To see the stunning and grand architecture found throughout the city
- For an experience in a traditional coffee house complete with a Wiener Melange and delicious cake.
- To enjoy the Christmas markets and festive atmosphere (December)
Good things to know when visiting Vienna
Here is some helpful information when planning a trip and visiting Vienna:
- Vienna is the capital of Austria and is easily reachable from nearby cities including Prague, Budapest and Bratislava.
- The currency in Vienna and Austria is Euros. You can often pay using your bank card, but you may also need cash for some places.
- The city centre is easily accessible from the airport using trains and is also cheap.
- As well as this the city’s internal transport network of trams, buses and the subway can get you pretty much anywhere and is very efficient (and again cheap).
- Although you can normally find somewhere to eat, many restaurants will require advanced reservations and some places can get booked well in advance.
- Be sure to visit some of the top attractions in Vienna, including the Schoenbrunn (even if just the free gardens), as well as Stephansplatz, Rathaus and some of the parks such ad Volksgarten.
- In the summer consider visiting some of the outdoor swimming pools or artificial beaches.
- For shopping head along Mariahilfer Strasse, Kohlmarkt, Kärtnerstrasse, or Graben- We’d recommend staying close to the central district as this will make it easier to simply walk into the centre (if you like walking).
Want to book somewhere else in austria? You can use the button below to go back to the list of places.