Austria is located almost in the heart of Europe, and is connected on all sides by eight countries. This makes it a country that is easily accessible from neighbouring countries or via its international airports.
Within Austria you’d have the pleasure of visiting grand and historical cities such as Vienna and Salzburg, heading to the snowy mountains of St Anton, or Bad Gastein, or exploring an all-around destination such as Zell am See. The country is home to a whole host of destinations and attractions perfect for adventure travellers or those just after a relaxing and luxurious vacation.
You can find some of our articles below helping you to discover Austria and the best places to go, as well as find accommodation maps and tours to help plan your trip.
Articles, tips and inspiration on Austria
Here are some articles about or that include Austria:
Popular and famous places to visit in Austria
Not sure where to go? Here are some of the most popular and famous places to visit in Austria:
Discover more beautiful places to visit through our articles such as below.
Austria hotel map and accommodation
Find your perfect Austria accommodation using this interactive map. You can search for both hotels and apartments. Use the filters to adjust your search.
Note: Please wait a moment for the map to load as well as the suggestions of places to stay. Sometimes you may also have to just move the map slightly or zoom into your desired location to see additional properties which are available.
Click the button below to find more accommodation options:
Top tours and activities in Austria
Here are some of the best activities that you may like for Austria. These are provided through our partners. You can also use the blue-button a little below where you can be more specific with your search, including adding your dates, filtering by type of tour and many more options.
Austria guided and specialist tours
G Adventures are a good choice for multi-day (or longer) trips. They provide guided itineraries that will help you discover incredible places for your chosen destination.
For Austria you’ll find tours such as below, where you’d get to visit multiple cities across various countries such as Germany, Italy, Hungary and more.
Depending on which tour you choose they often include local guides, internal flights, additional transport, hotels, certain meals and more.
Below are services for finding transport. You can start searching for flights through a site such as Skyscanner.
Here are some other services that can help you get around, such as by using trains, buses and cars.
- Omio - Perfect for helping you search across providers for trains and buses
- Trainline - Another provider that'll help you to search across providers for trains
- Interrail (European residents) or Eurail (non-European residents) - For a rail card to use across Europe
- Flixbus - For bus travel across Europe
- RentalCars - For car hire
5 top reasons to book a trip to Austria
Why should you book a trip and visit Austria? Here are some top reasons:
- For exploring the beautiful streets of Vienna and Salzburg
- For hiking and adventures in the mountains such as at Zell am See-Kaprun and Saalachtal
- For music and performances at the opera houses and theatres
- To discover the beautiful lakes, such as Grüner See and Hallstätter See
- For skiing and winter sports at the ski resorts, including St Anton and Bad Gastein
Good things to know when visiting Austria
Here is some helpful information when planning a trip and visiting Austria:
- Currency: Euro
- Language(s): German and English
- Power supply: Socket Type F – Standard Voltage is 230 V
- Domestic Travel: OEBB is the national railway and you can find cheap tickets when booking in advance. Westbahn is also a good and cheap provider and connects Vienna to Salzburg.
Read the below article for more tips and info:
Click the links below to go to specific pages for places within this country.
Want to find somewhere else? You can use the button below to find a different country.