Find incredible tours, activities and tickets for your trip to London using our tool below. Many of these experiences you definitely don’t want to miss when visiting the city and would be perfect for adding to your travel itinerary. Further down you can also find our selection of must-do activities for your visit to London, as well as some tips that will help you to ensure you don’t miss out on anything.
From admiring the city from the Shard, going on a cruise along London’s River Thames, to exploring the famous Tower of London, there are so many things in London that will provide ever-lasting memories. You’ll also find many top family activities to enjoy too.
When visiting London for a while then it’s also worth heading out of the city to nearby places on a day trip. Such as the beautiful Seven Sisters along the coast, Brighton, Stonehenge and many more places.
Keep scrolling for some of the best activities and tours that you may like when visiting London.
Note that activities may take a moment to load…
What are the best activities in London that you shouldn’t miss?
Here are some tours, activities and experiences in London that we’d highly recommend checking out for your trip:
- The View from The Shard – This is one of our favourite experiences in London, and from the observation deck you’ll get to enjoy incredible views of Tower Bridge, towards St Paul’s Cathedral and around the city in all directions.
- The London Eye – This is another top attraction and incredibly popular. This activity often has large queues of people so we’d highly recommend booking your tickets in advance. Especially if there’s a certain time slot that you need.
- A cruise along the River Thames – A cruise along the River Thames is a wonderful experience and a great way to relax and rest your feet before exploring more.
- Tower of London – This famous landmark is fun to visit and when doing so you can even see the Crown Jewels. The queue to see the Crown Jewels can often be quite long though so we’d recommend going early, or just be prepared to queue once inside.
- Harry Potter Studios – If you or the kids are a Harry Potter fan then definitely don’t miss out on visiting the studios for a magical experience. This is one of the most popular activities in the city, so don’t delay in booking this.
There are plenty more activities in London. Use our widget/tool above to see more.
What are some of the best day trips from London?
There is some great day trips from London that would be ideal if you’re visiting for at least a few days. Some of the top ones include visiting the historic Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath, or heading out to the beautiful Cotswolds with its unique architecture. For nature lovers, there is also the scenic Seven Sisters along the south coast which is one of the most beautiful parts of England’s coastline.
Read Top Day Trips and Tours to Take From London for more ideas and suggestions.
What activities in London are great for families and kids?
Some of the best activities in London for families include:
- Harry Potter Studios – Perfect for Harry Potter fans.
- Harry Potter guided walking tour – Whilst the suggestion above is more of a day trip to the studio, this activity involves seeing places around the city that inspired JK Rowling.
- SEA LIFE London – This aquarium is a great way to see a huge amount of marine life. You can also get a combo ticket that includes the London Eye as well.
- The London Eye – This is a fun way for the kids to enjoy views of the city and also one of the most popular and famous attractions in London.
- Madame Tussauds – A fun way for children to see some iconic celebrities (albeit wax versions).
How can you save money on attractions in London?
If you plan to visit many attractions in London that are ticketed then one of the best ways to save on tickets is to get the London Pass. This includes entry into many of the top attractions and by getting this you’ll be able to save a lot of money vs booking everything individually.
However, it’s worth noting that you should look at what you want to see and how much time you have. Then try and ensure that if you buy a city card that you are maximising its use and as a result saving. You can get around London easily using the Tube (subway network) and by doing so you’ll be able to tick off many of the city’s attractions using this city card.
Where can you find free walking tours for London?
You can find some free walking tours for London on Civitatis. Below is one that you may like to consider. On Civitatis you can also find other tours and experiences that you may like for your trip.
- Free Walking Tour of London – showing you some of the highlights of London including Buckingham Palace, Palace of Westminster (Houses of Parliament), Trafalgar Square and more.
Note that many free tours are based on tips, so although free, it’s polite to give a little something afterwards.
Top websites to find tours, activities, tickets and experiences for London?
You can start your search for London activities using our useful tour search tool above. You can also find other options via the websites below:
Learn more and get inspired for London
Here are some of our articles that you may like for London: