Find incredible tours, activities and tickets for your trip to Vienna using our tool below. Many of these experiences you definitely don’t want to miss when visiting the city and would be perfect for adding to your travel itinerary. Further down you can also find our selection of must-do activities for your visit to Vienna, as well as some tips that will help you to ensure you don’t miss out on anything.
Vienna is home to some wonderful attractions and things to do, such as the magnificent Schönbrunn Palace, Wiener Riesenrad (Vienna Giant Ferris Wheel), The Vienna State Opera, as well as countless museums. As well as this due to the location of the city you can also visit nearby places such Salzburg and Hallstatt within Austria, or other cities outside of Austria such as Bratislava, Prague and Budapest.
Whether you visit Vienna in the Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter you’ll definitely not be short of top experiences and things to do.
Below you can find some of the best activities that you may like to book for your trip to the city.
Note that activities may take a moment to load…
What are the best activities in Vienna that you shouldn’t miss?
Here are some tours, activities and experiences in Vienna that we’d highly recommend checking out for your trip:
- Vienna City Bike Tour – A perfect way to explore the city, see many of the highlights and learn more about the destination.
- Schönbrunn Palace – One of the most famous and iconic attractions in the city. Within the palace grounds you’ll find beautiful gardens, a zoo, the actual palace and lots more to see and do. This attraction is a wonderful way to spend at least half a day in the city.
- Vienna State Opera Guide Tour – This opera house is quite simply stunning and a tour is a great way to explore it and learn more about its workings.
- Belvedere Palace – Visit the beautiful gardens (these are free to see), as well as head inside for fantastic artwork.
- Mozart Concert at the Golden Hall – For a wonderful musical experience.
- Evening dinner cruise – A great way to sit back and relax after a day exploring the city.
- Vienna Giant Wheel Ride – Also called Wiener Riesenrad, this is located in the Prater theme park. This wheel will be a fun way to get up high to look out towards the city.
There are plenty more activities in Vienna. Use our widget/tool above to see more.
What are some of the best day trips from Vienna?
Vienna is perfectly located in Europe close to the border of various other countries, but also within reach of other parts of Austria.
If you’re looking for a day trip from the city then a one includes visiting the Wachau Valley (vineyards and a beautiful valley), which is often combined with a boat cruise and a trip to Melk (a smaller city nearby with an impressive abbey).
What activities in Vienna are great for families and kids?
Some of the best activities in Vienna for families include:
- Vienna Giant Wheel – This big wheel is very cool and perfect for the little ones. Once you’ve finished enjoying the views then you can head further into Prater to enjoy some of the other Theme Park rides on offer.
- Vienna Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Bus Tour – A nice way to sit back and relax whilst travelling around the city and a great way to rest any tired feet.
- Schönbrunn Zoo – This zoo is located within the grounds of the Schönbrunn Palace and is home to a huge variety of animals that will interest children as well as adults.
- Vienna Ring Tram Tour – This is available as part of the Vienna Pass (see below), or you can also book it direct as well.
- Museum of Illusions – A very fun museum and perfect for the kids.
How can you save money on attractions in Vienna?
The Vienna PASS is one way that you can save money whilst in Vienna. The pass ranges from 1-6 days and provides free admission to over 60 of the city’s attractions. These include the likes of Schönbrunn Palace, various museums, the Vienna Ring Tram (which is great), and much more.
Where can you find free walking tours for Vienna?
You can find some free walking tours for Vienna on Civitatis. Below are some of them that you may like to consider. On Civitatis you can also find other tours and experiences that you may like for your trip.
- Free Walking Tour of Vienna – See some of the city’s most beautiful buildings and monuments through this tour.
- Free Tour of Vienna at Night – At night Vienna is incredibly pretty and this tour will help guide you around some of it’s highlights and picturesque sites.
Note that many free tours are based on tips, so although free, it’s polite to give a little something afterwards.
Top websites to find tours, activities, tickets and experiences for Vienna?
You can start your search for Vienna activities using our useful tour search tool above. You can also find other options via the websites below:
Learn more and get inspired for Vienna
Here are some of our articles that you may like for Vienna: