Start planning your trip to Toronto and experience one of Canada’s best cities. Located towards the centre of the country away from the coasts Toronto is easily accessible from cities across the USA border, as well as internationally through its Pearson International Airport.
Some highlights in the city include the Toronto Islands, the parks and beaches, views from the CN Tower, museums and top restaurants. What’s more, the majestic Niagara Falls is easily accessible from the city giving you an even stronger reason to visit. Still not convinced? Then read these other top reasons to visit.
Below you will find tours and activities that you may like during your visit, as well as an interactive map to help you find accommodation. You’ll also find our suggestions of top hotels you may like in Toronto.
Articles, tips and inspiration on Toronto
Here are some recent articles about or that include Toronto:
5 top reasons to book a trip to Toronto
Why should you book a trip and visit Toronto? Here are some top reasons:
- The Toronto Islands – Offering skyline views, beaches and even a theme park the Toronto Islands is one of our favourite places to visit in Toronto. Head here at twilight to enjoy stunning views of the city or visit in the summer to simply relax on the beaches.
- To enjoy a game – If you like your sport then Toronto has you covered. Watch top sports events in the city from baseball, ice hockey or basketball in some of the city’s top venues.
- Niagara Falls – Toronto is only a short distance to Niagara Falls making it a great place to base yourself and visit one of the world’s best waterfalls. To learn how to get there read How to Get to Niagara Falls from Toronto.
- For the CN Tower – Wherever you go in Toronto you’ll likely see the CN Tower. If you have a head for heights then be sure to head up the 553-meter tower for top views of the city, or if you prefer then just enjoy from the street – especially at night when it lights up.
- For top dining experiences – Toronto will be sure to provide you a delicious experience with top restaurants and places to dine throughout the city. What’s more, the price of food is very reasonable meaning you can get a lot of great quality dishes without breaking the bank.
Read more: 7 Top Reasons to Visit Toronto
Toronto hotel map
Find your perfect Toronto accommodation below. Use this interactive map to search for both Toronto hotels and apartments. Use the filters to adjust your search, such as dates, number of guests, cost and more. You can also enter attractions or areas that you know of to find somewhere to stay nearby.
Note: Please wait a moment for the map to load as well as the suggestions of places to stay. Sometimes you may also have to just move the map slightly or zoom into your desired location to see additional properties which are available.
Here are some hotels that have availability in the upcoming weeks. You can click through to our hotel partner Agoda to check availability and prices.
Results by Agoda
5 top luxury hotels and places to stay in Toronto
Here are 5 great places to stay in Toronto:
- Shangri-La Hotel Toronto – Located close to Toronto’s Entertainment District and with great views of the city, the Shangri-La would be a top choice. Complete with beautiful and well-equipped rooms and even an indoor pool.
- Hotel X Toronto by Library Hotel Collection – Close to the waterfront, this hotel includes an outdoor pool, spa facilities, as well as bars and restaurants.
- Fairmont Royal York Hotel – A stunning luxury hotel located in the heart of downtown Toronto. Providing beautiful rooms, an indoor pool, restaurants, a bar and bakery, this hotel will serve as an incredible place to stay.
- The Drake Hotel – A trendy hotel offering modern rooms and facilities. Complete with a bar, restaurant and coffee house.
- Gladstone Hotel – An artistic and stylish hotel offering unique rooms. Located a little bit out from downtown Toronto (but only a short cab ride or Streetcar), we’d recommend the Gladstone to those looking for something a bit different.
Famous and popular attractions in Toronto
Here are some popular and famous attractions to enjoy when visiting Toronto:
- The CN Tower
- The Toronto Islands
- Royal Ontario Museum
- Art Gallery of Ontario
- Casa Loma
- High Park
- Toronto Old City Hall
Toronto activities and tours
Here are some of the best tours and activities in Toronto that you may like. These are provided through our partners. You can also use the blue-button a little below where you can be more specific with your search, including adding your dates, filtering by type of tour and many more options.
Below are services for finding transport. You can start searching for flights via Skyscanner.
Here are some other services that can help you get around, such as by using trains, buses and cars.
- RentalCars - For car hire
For transfers between your accommodation and the airport then have a look on HolidayTaxis for options.
Good things to know when visiting Toronto
Here is some helpful information when planning a trip and visiting Toronto:
- Toronto is located towards the middle of Canada and close to the USA border with Lake Ontario sharing a waterfront with both countries.
- The central part of the city is called Downtown and is in a grid type system. You can choose to drive, but to get around there is also the TTC which consists of a subway, buses and streetcars (trams).
- The currency for Toronto (and Canada) is Canadian Dollars. You can often use your bank cards in many places as well.
- The CN Tower (Canadian National Tower) is one of the most iconic landmarks in the city and dominates the skyline. The tower rises up to 553 meters and offers incredible views from the observation deck. Be sure to see it at night when it’s lit up.
- The famous and impressive Niagara Falls are also located close to the city and easily accessible by driving, bus, or through tours.
Read more tips for visiting Toronto.
Want to find somewhere else in canada? You can use the button below to go back.