Are you looking to embark on a journey through the stunning country of France? From the iconic Eiffel Tower to the charming villages of Provence, France offers a wealth of cultural and natural treasures waiting to be discovered. Whether you’re a foodie looking to indulge in delicious cuisine, or you’re a history buff eager to explore centuries-old landmarks, or a nature lover seeking breathtaking scenery, France has something to offer everyone.
Immerse yourself in its romantic capital Paris, or wander through the picturesque countryside of Normandy, soak up the sun on the Mediterranean coast, or head up to the French Alps to enjoy some of the best ski resorts. With so much to see and do, your trip to France is sure to be unforgettable.
Read some of our France travel articles mentioned below for tips and inspiration. You can find yourself a top hotel using our accommodation map, and also discover some fun and exciting activities that you may like on your trip. France will be sure not to disappoint so click through to some of our articles and see the highlights that this country has to offer.
Wondering whether or not to visit? Read these top reasons to visit France.
Articles, tips and inspiration on France
Here are some articles about or that include France:
Popular and famous places to visit in France
Not sure where to go? Here are some of the most popular and famous places to visit in France:
- Paris, the beautiful French capital.
- Colmar and Strasbourg in the Alsace region.
- Nice, along the Mediterranean Coast.
- The French Alps, for incredible skiing and winter sports opportunities.
- Corsica, for a beach holiday.
For more wonderful places to visit in France have a read of:
France hotel map and accommodation
Find your perfect France accommodation using this interactive map. You can search for both hotels and apartments. Use the filters to adjust your search.
Note: Please wait a moment for the map to load as well as the suggestions of places to stay. Sometimes you may also have to just move the map slightly or zoom into your desired location to see additional properties which are available.
Click the button below to find more accommodation options:
Top tours and activities in France
Here are some of the best activities that you may like for France. These are provided through our partners. You can also use the blue-button a little below where you can be more specific with your search, including adding your dates, filtering by type of tour and many more options.
France guided and specialist tours
For longer and more specialist tours and complete with multi-day itineraries, then consider checking out G Adventures which are highly regarded. With G Adventures you can find small group tours with local guides and the company is based around having a good impact on local communities.
Here are some package holiday providers. Package holidays can normally include flights, accommodation and transfers and sometimes meals too. The providers below are mainly for those travelling from the UK.
Read Best Companies to Book Summer and Beach Holidays From the UK to read more and for additional options.
Below are services for finding transport. You can start searching for flights through a site such as Skyscanner.
Here are some other services that can help you get around, such as by using trains, buses and cars.
- Omio - Perfect for helping you search across providers for trains and buses
- Trainline - Another provider that'll help you to search across providers for trains
- Interrail (European residents) or Eurail (non-European residents) - For a rail card to use across Europe
- Flixbus - For bus travel across Europe
- RentalCars - For car hire
5 top reasons to book a trip to France
Why should you book a trip and visit France? Here are some top reasons:
- To exploring the colourful cities and regions such as Alsace.
- For enjoying the delicious French cuisine.
- To see and climb the Eiffel Tower, one of the most famous landmarks in the world.
- For skiing in the world-class resorts in the French Alps, such as Val Thorens and Portes du Soleil.
- To explore the coast such as Etretat and Nice.
Click the links below to go to specific pages for places within this country.
Want to find somewhere else? You can use the button below to find a different country.