Disclosure: We've partnered with top brands and services and may get a small fee at no cost to you if you click on our links and make a purchase. Thank you for your support.
Love your landmarks and famous attractions? Take our quiz and see which ones you know from this selection from around the world. Including both natural and man-made places. Most of the attractions and landmarks are extremely famous attracting millions of travellers each year, whilst some may be lesser-known but are just as impressive.
Below you’ll find the questions. Simply choose what you think is correct from the multiple-choice options. There are 25 questions below. Have fun and no cheating.
Quiz topic: Famous landmarks and attractions
Number of questions: 25
1. The Eiffel Tower is a famous landmark you’ll find in which city?
Located in Paris the Eiffel Tower is now one of the world’s most recognisable landmarks and a must-see for anyone visiting the city.
2. This huge rock known as Uluru is found in which country?
You’ll find Uluru in Australia. The rock is made of sandstone, rises up to 348 meters and is a sacred landmark to the local Aboriginal people.
3. You’ll find this beautiful landmark in Singapore. What is it called?
Gardens by the Bay
San Grato Park
These are the Gardens by the Bay which is a popular attraction in Singapore. Seen in the photo are the Supertrees which are around 25-50 meters tall. Read more about attractions in Singapore
4. Below is the “Christ the Redeemer” monument. Which South American city will you find it in?
Rio de Janeiro
You’ll find the Christ the Redeemer Monument in Rio de Janeiro. It’s one of the most iconic statues in the world and a must-see when visiting Brazil.
5. Seen below is the stunning Peyto Lake. Which country will you find it?
You’ll find Peyto Lake in the Alberta province of Canada. It’s coloured such due to Glacier flour that flows into it during the summer. We’re sure many would agree that it’s probably one of the most beautiful lakes in the world. Read more about places to visit in Canada
6. The Sagrada Familia seen below has been in construction since 1882, but where is it?
This basilica which you’ll find in Barcelona has been in construction since 1882. Designed by Gaudí the architecture is unique both inside and out and a must-see when visiting Barcelona.
7. What is the official name of this tower which you’ll find in Seattle?
Oriental Pearl Tower
This landmark is called the Space Needle and was built in 1962. It rises up to 605 feet and offers fantastic views from its observation deck.
8. Currently, the tallest building in the world the Burj Khalifa reaches heights of 830m – Do you know which city it’s in?
The Burj Khalifa was completed in January 2004. It is currently the tallest building in the world reaching incredible heights of 830m. You can visit the observation deck at 555m for incredible views for miles in all directions.
9. Once part of an ancient empire, Machu Picchu is a popular landmark you’ll find in which country?
Machu Picchu is a hugely popular attraction and you’ll find it in Peru. The sanctuary which you can see above reaches up to 2430 meters above sea level and originates from the Inca Empire.
10. This bridge connects the Lesser Town to the Old Town in Prague. What is the official name of it?
The official name is Charles Bridge (Karlův most). It was completed in 1402 to replace a previous bridge that was damaged by flooding. The bridge has been called Charles Bridge since 1870.
11. Where in Egypt will you find these famous pyramids?
12. This castle in Romania is famously connected to the Dracula novels. What is the name of it?
This attraction is called Bran Castle which you’ll find it in the Transylvania region of Romania. It is sometimes referred to as Dracula’s castle due to its resemblance to the castle used in Bram Stoker’s Dracula novel.
13. Below is India’s most famous landmark and one of the New 7 Wonders of the World. What is it called?
The Taj Mahal
This is, of course, the Taj Mahal, and one the New7Wonders of the World. Built between 1631 and 1648 you’ll find this incredible landmark in Agra which is a bit south of India’s capital Delhi.
14. This Giant Buddha is found somewhere in China. Do you know which city?
Located in Leshan this Giant Buddha is 71 meters tall. It’s carved into the hillside and is the largest Buddha in the world. Read about the best places to visit in China
15. This unusual tower is located in Italy. Do you know what it’s called?
St Mark’s Campanile
Leaning Tower of Pisa
Giotto’s Bell Tower
Tower of Mangia
Known as the Leaning Tower of Pisa it was originally around 60m tall. Since leaning at around 5 degrees it is now around 57 metres tall.
16. Seen is the Grand-Prismatic-Spring. Which USA national park will you find it in?
Glacier National Park
17. This stunning landmark called Wat Rong Khun (or the White Temple) is found somewhere in Thailand. Do you know where?
Located close to Chiang Rai in the north of Thailand this beautiful temple is a privately owned attraction created by Chalermchai Kositpipat. With its unconventional white design it’s highly unique compared to most temples that you’ll find throughout the country.
18. These ancient rocks have been a mystery for centuries. They are located in England. What are they called?
Old Harry Rocks
The Pillar Rocks
This historic landmark is called Stonehenge and was built around 5000 years ago. The stones which are positioned in a circle weight up to 30 tons.
19. This cool and unique architecture is found in a city in the Netherlands. Which one?
This unique architecture is a great attraction which you’ll find in Rotterdam. They were created by Dutch architect Piet Blom and include cubes which are tilted at a 45-degree angle. Read about cool cities to visit in the Netherlands
20. Lake Wanaka is a natural landmark famous for the tree that sticks out from the water. Which country will you find it in?
You’ll find Lake Wanaka in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s incredibly popular with photographers all looking to capture an image of the tree in the lake.
21. This beautiful parliament is located in Europe – Do you know the city?
This is the Hungarian Parliament which you’ll find along the River Danube in Budapest. It’s probably one of the most beautiful parliament buildings in the world.
22. Angkor Wat is an ancient temple located in Asia – Which country will you find it in?
Seen is the impressive Angkor Wat temple which originates from the 12th century and the Khmer Kingdom. Read more about visiting Angkor Wat
23. This waterfall is part of a group of waterfalls that border Canada and the USA. What are these waterfalls called?
This is the Canadian Horseshoe Falls which forms part of Niagara Falls. The other waterfalls of Niagara Falls include American Falls and Bridal Veil Falls.
24. You’ll find this beautiful tower in Japan. Do you know which city?
This is the Tokyo Skytree, a wonderful piece of architecture. It reaches up to 634m and is one of the tallest towers in the world. Read more about famous towers around the world.
25. What is the name of this famous landmark that you’ll find in Northern Ireland?
Cliffs of Moher
Seen is the Giant’s Causeway which is along the top coast of Northern Ireland. The landmark consists of 40,000+ hexagonal-shaped stones created around 60 million years ago.
Thanks for playing. Click the button below to see how you did…
Where did you rank?
Number of completes:
Fancy another quiz? Scroll down for more…
Did you like this quiz? Share it with your friends.
Note: Images by team or from Canva or Pixabay.